A quick reminder about who can do online counseling in Texas:
- Counseling is available to anyone who is anywhere currently in Texas or is a Texas resident.
Zoom sessions – for Individuals and Couples
- All you need is a smartphone or a computer with a camera and a mic. That’s it!
- I will send you a Zoom link sometime before our session and off we go!
- For couples, you do not have to be in the same place at the same time. We can use Zoom and its gallery feature.
For our online session, please make sure to do the following:
- 1 – Be in a quiet, private location where people won’t bother you. It doesn’t matter if it’s in a closet, a car, or a conference room so long as you’re comfortable. Cats and dogs are welcome! Mine will likely make an appearance. The occasional interruption from a child is perfectly ok, too.
- 2 – Plan to take 5-10 mins both before and after your session to get into the right head space much as you would during a commute to and from my office.
- 3 – Use headphones if possible. They’re obviously not a requirement, but they do make the audio much sharper with both options. The sound is still pretty decent without them, too.
- 4 – Turn off all other devices that use internet bandwidth during our session. This will ensure a smooth, strong connection while on the software.
- 5 – Be patient with the new technology and situation. Sometimes logging into the room produces little hiccups and glitches, but don’t fret. I’ll be there to help you get it all sorted and find a way to connect no matter what.